Celebrate Early Fall Flavors Cooking Class – Be first on the waiting list
Saturday, September 23, 2017, 10:30 – 2:00
We still have a month to reap the benefits of summer’s long, warm growing season. So many of the glorious foods of late summer are still with us as we transition into early fall: yellow, red, green and purple vine-ripened tomatoes, luscious sweet corn, and an abundance of summer squash, eggplant, fresh herbs and hot peppers. At last Saturday’s market the first winter squash appeared just a few booths away from the ripest, most fragrant just-picked melons. At the same time apples are almost ready for picking. What an especially delicious time for cooking with the seasons as we celebrate early fall flavors.
“This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook – try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!” ― Julia Child
Celebrate Early Fall Flavors
We’ll savor the foods, flavors, colors and scents of the season. Hallmarks of fall cooking are more complex flavors from the use of rich spices and longer cooking times. Our menu features many of fall’s superfoods, including winter squash, apples, figs, Belgian and curly endive, radicchio and cranberries. In this class we’ll also cover the basics of fermentation as we make naturally fermented and truly season-less, country-style mustard.
- Fig, Greek Olive & Walnut Tapenade with Belgian Endive and Goat Cheese
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup w/ Coconut Milk, Ginger & Lime
- Romaine Hearts, Radicchio and Curly Endive with Tomatoes,
Toasted Hazelnuts and Homemade Caesar Dressing
- Naturally Fermented Country-Style Mustard, “The Good Stuff”
- Rancho La Puerta Mermelada Manzana (Apple Jam) Tartlets
with Oat & Almond Crust & Labneh
“It was fun to learn from the expert . . . you are very talented and it was a pleasure to be in your company. Your knowledge is impressive and very inspirational.”
Linda L., Bozeman
Join me on Saturday, September 23, from 10:30-2:00
Class includes Lunch & Detailed Recipes
$65 payable upon registration ♥ Register today as space is limited
For more information and to register, send me a comment in the “Leave a Reply” box below or email me: Janice@EverydayHealthyEverydayDelicious.com
* Your seat is reserved once your payment is received. Cancellations happen. However, if you cancel within 7 days of the class, refunds are given only when a replacement can be found for your spot.