Create delicious and probiotic-rich fermented foods in your own kitchen. Explore the how-to techniques, equipment and basics of vegetable fermentation in my upcoming fermentation workshops. Taste a variety of fermented foods from beverages to condiments. Make a jar of White Kimchi to take home.
“Fermenting is a traditional, sustainable, low-tech method of preserving food with incredible health benefits.”
Wardeh Harmon, The complete Idiot’s Guide to Fermenting Food
Saturday, March 23, 10:30-1:30 class is filled
OR Saturday, March 30, 10:30-1:30 class is filled
There’s nothing like taking a class and learning new techniques. I’ve been fermenting with much success for the past six months. I’ll share my favorite recipes from beverages to condiments with you to get you started making live and active cultures a part of your daily routine.
“Your cooking is really an art. You teach people how to put love into the food. Love transcends the food into so much more than just food.” RdA
Easy, Healthy & Delicious
Nutritionally rich, naturally fermented foods contain the “good” bacteria that benefit our digestive systems. During the workshops you’ll sample a number of naturally fermented foods including Kvass, Labneh, Cultured Country-Style Mustard, Fig Jam and White Kimchi.
“Most importantly, do not be afraid. Fermentation is not difficult or dangerous. Growing up in the midst of the War on Bacteria, many of us worry that we will not know whether the bacteria we get growing are the right ones, but we need not worry.”
Sandor Katz, author of The Art of Fermentation
The fermentation workshops will take place in a beautiful Bozeman home kitchen. They will include both demonstrations and hands-on opportunities.
- Time, Temperature & Salt—the Three Basic Principles
- Small Batch Vegetable Fermentation—Basic Skills and Equipment
- Everyone will make and take home a jar of White Kimchi to ferment at home
- The workshop will conclude with lunch together enjoying Kimchi Fried Black Rice w/ Greens & Poached Eggs
Each Fermentation Workshop is $60 and includes all recipes and lunch. Register early as space is limited.
Send me a comment in the “Leave a Reply” box below or email me:
email@example.com to reserve your seat at the table
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
* Your seat is reserved once your payment is received. Cancellations happen. However, if you cancel within 7 days of the class, refunds are given only when a replacement can be found for your spot.