Simply 4 ingredients and 3 steps. That’s all it takes to make this luscious, creamy, deeply colored Raspberry Frozen Yogurt. Such a treat on its own. And even more delicious and de-lovely when topped with a glistening Chunky Raspberry Sauce. As both the frozen yogurt and chunky sauce contain frozen raspberries, you can make this dessert any time of the year.
You can also use whatever frozen fruit you have in your freezer—peaches, blackberries, strawberries, mango, etcetera. Substitute an equal amount of any frozen fruit for the raspberries in this very versatile recipe. Though, now, while raspberries are in season, I’m making mine Raspberry Frozen Yogurt.
Quite the health advantage in making frozen yogurt at home. You control both the ingredients and their quality. Just frozen fruit, yogurt, honey and fresh lemon juice. No need to add a multitude of sugars, stabilizers, fillers, thickeners and food coloring.
Four-ingredient Raspberry Frozen Yogurt and six-ingredient Chunky Raspberry Sauce. A perfect match. The essence of raspberries through and through.
Inspired and adapted from recipes from Kelly Senyei and Laura Powell. Thank you both.
½ cup plain, unsweetened yogurt
3 tablespoons light honey
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
4 cups frozen raspberries
- Place the yogurt, honey and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor. Process just till blended.
- Add the frozen raspberries. Process for 4-5 minutes till smooth and luscious. Stop the processor occasionally to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Enjoy immediately or transfer to a container for freezing.
If frozen, soften the Raspberry Frozen Yogurt for 10-15 minutes before serving. Raspberry Frozen Yogurt will keep in the freezer for about 1 month. (If you can wait that long.)
This recipe can easily be doubled, tripled or more. While excellent with frozen yogurt, Chunky Raspberry Sauce also makes a great topping for cakes and waffles and pancakes and ice cream.
Makes 1 1/3 cups sauce
Start to Finish 5 minutes
¼ cup water
2 teaspoons organic cornstarch
2 tablespoons honey
Zest of half a lemon
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Pinch of salt
2 cups frozen raspberries
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the water, cornstarch, honey, lemon zest and juice.
- Place the pan over medium low heat. Use a rubber spatula to constantly stir the mixture.
- As soon as it begins to boil, stir in 1 cup of the frozen raspberries. Continue to stir till the sauce becomes clear and thickens, about 1 minute.
- Gently mix in the remaining 1 cup of frozen raspberries. When the raspberries are heated through, remove the pan from the heat.
- Allow the Chunky Raspberry Sauce to cool before spooning over Raspberry Frozen Yogurt.